Skinny Pumpkin Pie Bars – your favorite pie turned into a bar, and it’s gluten free!
So what’s everyone’s plans for Thanksgiving this year? I actually have to work that day and will be helping out at a Thanksgiving buffet. The only thing I like during Thanksgiving is the desserts and my family makes pies. Grandma will usually make a pumpkin or apple pie. Usually I think of Thanksgiving as eating a ton of food and taking a nap after that. I’m not really a big fan of turkey because it normally ends up dry or my family is pretty famous for not getting a turkey cooked on time. The only way to make turkey better is with a ton of gravy and the sides are just blah to me. That is why I hardly have any Thanksgiving recipes on this site.
These pumpkin pie bars are low calorie and taste just like pumpkin pie. Plus they are gluten free! The crust is made of honey nut cheerios instead of graham cracker crumbs.
- 2 eggs
- Â½ c. brown sugar
- 1 15- oz. can Pumpkin puree
- 1 12- oz. can fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Â¼ tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Â½ tsp. salt
- 2Â½ c. Gluten Free Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- 3 tbsp. sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of light butter
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9”-x-9” square baking pan.
- Crush Cheerios into fine crumbs inside a large resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin. (Alternatively, pulse the cereal into fine crumbs with a food processor.) Combine Cheerios crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt and blend until combined.Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the greased baking pan. Bake until beginning to turn golden, about 7-8 minutes. Let cool while you make filling. Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees.
- Make filling. Beat all filling ingredients together until smooth. Pour filling into crust and bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake about 35 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate until chilled.
- Sift powdered sugar over sliced squares before serving.