The most common idea that would come to our minds is to arrange these fruits for party on a white cake or make it into a parfait. But, there are easier ideas too and for that all you need is fresh fruits, a big tray and some little pretzels that are covered in yoghurt or white chocolate. To achieve the American Flag pattern, all you have to do is to arrange these in rows alternating with red berries and group all the blueberries together in the corner. Finally, the 4th of July fruit dessert is ready for any patriotic Day celebrations.
Patriotic holidays , 4th of July are that time of the year when people come together. Memorial Day comes at the end of May, then comes Flag Day in the middle of June and then comes the 4thof July. With so many holidays coming and the weather getting better, these occasions become all the more special for cookouts.
Since, these holidays come during the beginning of summers; you have plenty of summer healthy fruit that become easily available like strawberries, ripe raspberries, cherries and blueberries. The specialty of all of these lovely fruits is their color, which when put together reminds you of the American Flag. But, one thing that is missing in the fruit flag is the white color and how to make these white colored stripes.
1. Easy Flag Fruit Dessert Recipe
The American flag fruity recipes is a tradition and any tradition that involves food is always appealing. It is easy to make, tasty and looks beautiful. Adding this healthy desserts recipes with fruit to your celebrations will make your guests happy.
- 5-6 cups of fresh fruits (Cherries, raspberries, red grapes or blueberries)
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 3 cups of Sliced Banana
Wash all the fresh fruits and dry. Lay out all the fruits and Banana in such a way to represent the flag stripes and then place a small bowl of blueberries on top to the left.
2. 4th July Cake With Fresh Fruits On Top
American Flag fruit desserts are a nice way to celebrate the patriotic day with fruits and being creative with different food ideas. This is a classic fruit pizza that is made on a large cookie sheet that is topped with strawberries and blueberries for the festive 4thof July celebrations.
The best part of having all these patriotic day holidays is that you get some nice time to experiment with your cooking skills and enjoy these lovely foods with your friends and family.
You can replace strawberries with raspberries in fruit themed cake if you don’t like them. You can cut the strawberries into 2 depending on their size. Even the white chocolate chips in between is not an absolute necessity, but it does look good.
For the cookie
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ¾ cup cake flour or 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces of fresh blueberries
- 32 ounces of fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a jelly roll pan with some cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy. Add the egg, almond and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar and mix well until they are blended.
- Flour your hands lightly and pat the dough into the cooking sheets. Spread it out evenly leaving some space at the sides.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow it to cool before frosting.
- For Frosting
- Beat the butter and cream cheese in a medium sized bowl until it is creamy. Add the almond extract and the powdered sugar and beat until it is smooth. Spread it over the cooled cookie.
- Chill the frosted cookie until it is cold.
- Cut the top of the strawberry and slice into half.
- Place the blueberries on top left corner of the square and then add the white chocolate chips to make it look like stars. Place the strawberries in horizontal rows starting from the top.
3. 4thJuly Fresh Fruit Dessert Kebabs
This fruity food sure is a healthy and sweet tasting kebab for a special occasion. Once done, serve the fruit skewers on a decorative tray large enough to hold a few skewers from left to right. This is an easy fruit desserts no bake. You can have this fruit desserts with cool whip for your kids.
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries washed and dried
- Fresh blueberries washed and dried
- Roughly 6-8 fresh bananas, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- Approximately 20 yoghurt covered raisins to use as stars
- Assemble the flag from left to right
- At the top of the first skewer you can use 2 blueberries, 1 yoghurt raisin, 2 blueberries, another yoghurt raisin, 2 blueberries, 1 banana slice, 1 strawberry, 1 banana slice, 1 strawberry, 1 banana slice and another strawberry.
- At the top of the second skewer use 1 blueberry, 1 yoghurt raisin, 2 blueberries,1 yoghurt raisin and 1 blueberry
- On the 3rdskewer repeat the same pattern of the first skewer and on the 4thskewer repeat the same pattern as used in the 2ndskewer. This should continue until you reach the seventh skewer.
- For the 8-12thskewer at the top use 1 strawberry, followed by 1 banana slice and repeat this until you reach the full height of the tray. On each skewers use 5 strawberries and 4 banana slices.
4. American Berry Pie
Fresh summer baked fruits and berries, lots of butter and almond crust all combined to create a delicious patriotic pie.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 5-7 tablespoon of ice water
- 1 (16 ounce) container fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- Sanding sugar
- Heat the Oven to 425 degree F.
- Mix together flour, almond and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter and mix well with a blender until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water until the flour is moistened.
- Divide the dough into 1/3 and 2/3 portions. Shape each into a ball and flatten slightly. Wrap the smaller ball of dough in a food wrap and refrigerate.
- Roll out the larger dough on a floured surface into a 1/8thinch thick and 12 inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place the dough onto an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Now unfold and press firmly against the bottom and sides. Trim the crust into ½ inch from the edge of the plate and set it aside.
- Place the strawberries and raspberries into a bowl and place the blueberries into another bowl.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl until they are mixed well. Add in ¼th cup sugar, 1 tablespoon water and 1/4thteaspoon almond extract to blueberries. Toss them lightly to coat well. Add the rest of the sugar and the 1/4thteaspoon almond extract to the strawberries and raspberries. Toss it lightly to coat.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil many times to make a 2 inch wide strip. Press this into the pie crust to divide the crust into 1/3 and 2/3 sections. Press down slightly into the crust. Spoon the blueberry mix into 1/3 portion of pie crust. Spoon the strawberry and raspberry mix into a large area of the pie. Now, carefully remove the foil.
- Roll out the remaining dough onto a floured surface into 11 inch circle. Cut 5 ¾ inch strips of dough in wavy shapes to create stripes of flag. Place over the strawberry and raspberry mixture, trimming if needed. Fold the bottom of the crust edge over edge of the strips. Crimp the entire edge of the pie.
- Cut 10-12 stars from the remaining dough using 1 ½ inch cookie cutter and place the stars over the blueberry mix. Brush the crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Cover the edge of the crust with 2-inch strip of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the foil. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degree F. Continue baking for 30-40 minutes until the crust turns brown and the filling starts bubbling. Cool the pie an hour before serving.
The above example of desserts with fruits are a nice way to celebrate the patriotic days. They are not only healthy, but very interesting to make too. Kids will surely like eating their fruit desserts when they are arranged so beautifully.