If you’re a fan of juicy steaks and burgers, you know that the right seasoning can make all the difference. But have you ever considered adding butter and bacon to the mix? It may sound unconventional, but trust us, it’s a game changer. This bacon onion butter recipe is the perfect addition to any meat dish, and will leave your taste buds begging for more.
The combination of savory bacon and rich butter creates a decadent flavor that perfectly complements the natural taste of your steak or burger. Plus, the butter helps to lock in moisture, ensuring that your meat stays tender and juicy.
Whether you’re grilling out with friends or just looking to elevate your weeknight dinner, this recipe is sure to impress. So grab your apron and get ready to take your meat game to the next level with this delicious butter bacon butter recipe.
The Ingredients Needed to Make Bacon Onion Butter
To make Bacon Onion Butter, you will need:
- 1 sticked of unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Bacon Onion Butter
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Once cooled, finely chop the bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onions and cook over medium heat until they are caramelized, stirring occasionally. This should take about 20 minutes. Remove the onions from the skillet and let them cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, add the unsalted butter, bacon, caramelized onions, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Transfer the Bacon Onion Butter to a container with a lid and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Tips for Making the Perfect Bacon Onion Butter
- Be sure to use unsalted butter as the bacon and onions already contain salt.
- Cook the onions slowly over low heat to caramelize them and bring out their natural sweetness.
- Use a high-quality bacon for the best flavor.
- Let the Bacon Onion Butter sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften and become spreadable.
Different Ways to Use Bacon Onion Butter
Bacon Onion Butter is incredibly versatile and can be used in many different ways, including:
- As a spread on toast or bagels.
- As a topping for baked potatoes or steamed vegetables.
- As a sauce for grilled meats or roasted chicken.
- As a base for a creamy pasta sauce.
- As a flavoring for popcorn or roasted nuts.
Variations of Bacon Onion Butter
If you’re feeling adventurous, there are many different variations of Bacon Onion Butter that you can try. Some of my favorites include:
- Adding garlic to the mix for an extra kick of flavor.
- Using different types of onions, such as shallots or red onions, for a different flavor profile.
- Adding fresh herbs, such as thyme or rosemary, for a fragrant touch.
- Using different types of bacon, such as maple or applewood-smoked, for a different flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bacon Onion Butter
How long does Bacon Onion Butter last?
Bacon Onion Butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Can I freeze Bacon Onion Butter?
Yes, Bacon Onion Butter can be frozen for up to three months. Be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before using.
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
It is not recommended to use salted butter as the bacon and onions already contain salt. This can result in an overly salty flavor.
How to Store Bacon Onion Butter
To store Bacon Onion Butter, transfer it to an airtight container with a lid and refrigerate for up to two weeks or freeze for up to three months.
Bacon Onion Butter is a delicious and versatile addition to any kitchen. With its rich and savory flavor, it is sure to impress your taste buds and elevate any dish. Whether you use it as a spread or a sauce, Bacon Onion Butter is a must-try for any food lover. So, give this recipe a try and indulge in the savory delight of Bacon Onion Butter.