Bread pudding and chocolate chip are a match made in heaven. It is a great dish to carry with you on holidays as a dessert.
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding is the perfect way to use up stale bread and make a delicious, comforting dessert. This recipe is easy to make and can be tailored to your liking with different kinds of chocolate chips. I like to use a mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate chips, but you can use all of one kind or even add in some white chocolate chips for a little extra sweetness.
The key to making this Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding is to let the bread soak up all of the custard mixture so it’s nice and moist. Be sure to let it sit for at least an hour before baking so the bread has time to absorb all of the flavors. This Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it’s also delicious on its own. Enjoy!
What are the ingredients for Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding?
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding mainly requires bread, milk, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
Can I substitute any of the ingredients in Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding?
Yes, you can substitute ingredients in Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding. For instance, you can use dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. You could also use a different type of bread like challah bread.
What can I use if I don’t have coffee liqueur?
According to whatscookingamerica , You can use a chocolate extract to replace coffee liqueur in recipe. To substitute 2 tablespoons of the mixture, use 1/2 to 1 tsp of chocolate extract mixed with 1 tsp of any instant coffee and then add it into your favorite dish for an extra boost!
How long does Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding last?
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding will last for:
3-4 days in the fridge
1-2 months in the freezer
How do I store Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding?
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding can be stored:
In the fridge: 3-4 days
In the freezer: 1-2 months
This Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding Recipe is one of the best recipes that I have tried and it is perfect for those chocolate lovers out there. It is simple to follow and the result is a delicious, chocolatey treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread cut into cubes
- 3 cup milk
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs lightly beaten
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and place bread in the dish
- Take a bowl and mix in cream, liqueur and milk. In a bowl mix granulated and brown sugars and mix well. Add the sugars to the milk mix and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla extract, almond extract and cinnamon to the beaten eggs.
- Add this mixture to the egg mixture and combine well. Now, stir in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes. Allow it to stand for 20 minutes, until the bread absorbs all the mixture
- Bake for an hour