Homemade recipes are always delicious to taste. The best part of making everything at home from scratch means you have control over the ingredients and can decide them according to your taste. The classic spaghetti meat sauce recipe is very flavorful and surprisingly easy to make. It will taste very similar to the ones you get at Italian restaurants when you order pastas. Most of the ingredients that go into making the meat sauce recipe are basic and easily available.
This version of simple meat sauce uses the leanest ground beef and the some of the best canned tomatoes, which would be the plum tomatoes, especially from the San Marzano variety. These tomatoes need to nicely puree in a blender or have to be crushed by hand. Plum tomatoes are the best. A good meat sauce recipe is the one that lets it to simmer on the stove for a longer duration until you reach the required consistency so that the flavors blend well. This spaghetti and meat sauce recipe is addictive. It has all the beautiful and rich flavors and surprisingly can be made easily. This is one of the best go to meals that is very simple and made from limited ingredients.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes 3-4 servings
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• ½ cup chopped onion
• 1 clove garlic crushed
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 28 ounce canned plum tomatoes, pureed
• 2 tablespoon tomato paste
• ½ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
• Take a large pan and heat on medium high. Heat about 2 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté ½ cup or slightly more chopped onion and a clove or two of crushed garlic
• Cook for about 2- 3 minutes. When the onion turns golden brown and the aroma starts spreading, add the ground beef on top of the onions and garlic
• Keep stirring for about 3-4 minutes
• Keep turning constantly for a minute or two more. The meat should turn nice and brown and lose its pink color
• To this now add the pureed tomato, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, ½ tsp of salt, some fresh ground pepper and stir
• Reduce the flame to medium and cook it uncovered for about 20 minutes
• Add 2 tablespoon of parsley if you have it
• Allow the paste to cook. Throw some Italian spices if you wish like bay leaves, though this is optional
In the meanwhile ready the water to cook the spaghetti and this will take 10 minutes. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain and store in a large bowl. To this add the simple meat sauce and stir well until all of the spaghetti is coated with sauce. The whole recipe is so simple that it is almost ready in 30 minutes. You don’t have to use beef; the choice of meat can depend on the area where you live and the availability of meat. Even meat of bison, moose, rain deer, goat, etc can be used to make this delicious sauce. Bon appetite!!