Its winter and December is the time when you enjoy your holiday season with friends and family. This festive month you enjoy calling home guests and serving them some delicious meal that is perfect for the season. It is that time of the year when you will find a lot of dinner parties thrown with fancy menu items on the table. Food just tastes and looks spectacular during this time of the year. Don’t we all look forward to this time?
Christmas Eve is the best time of the month when you probably think of making the best meal to serve it to your guests. What would be the best recipe to kick start the festivities? When this thought comes to my mind, the first recipe that I think of making and even enjoy cooking and my family and friends enjoy eating the most is the easy roast beef. Since most people loves digging their teeth on this lovely beef recipe, I thought why not go for this easy beef roast first.
A lot of people have asked me how to make roast beef and whether it is easy to cook and so many such doubts. But, you will be surprised to know that this delicious and juicy dish is easy to make and will melt in your mouth when done. This one skillet recipe is ready within an hour. This is possibly one of the most delicious meals for anyone who loves to gorge on meat. The beef tenderloin is a very special treat for any occasion and your guests are sure to love this.
This easy beef roast is seasoned perfectly with crushed peppercorn, Dijon mustard and kosher salt. If you don’t like the taste and flavor of mustard, don’t let that deter you from making this recipe as it adds a nice flavor to the meat in a very subtle way. You will never know that you have added mustard to the recipe, but the flavor of mustard is required for this dish. The butter in the recipe helps in making the easy roast beef soft, juicy and tender as it melts easily in the mouth.
To add more flavor to this easy roast beef, place the beef over a bed of mushrooms. The mushrooms and the pan drippings create the white wine cream sauce. Even though the drippings provide the most flavorful cream sauce, it is one of the best things ever when they are paired with beef tenderloin. You have to eat this dish to believe it.
With the Christmas season coming soon, this easy roast beef is the best meal that occupies a special place on the dinner table. How to make roast beef and how easy is it make them, all of these doubts must have come to your minds, but the following easy to make beef roast recipe will clear all your doubts about roast beef and help you in making this dish on a regular basis and not only on special occasions.
Course: Main course
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 (475) pound whole beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup peppercorn crushed
- Kosher salt
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
White Wine Cream Sauce
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Rub the beef with Dijon mustard and season properly with peppercorns and salt.
- Once the prep work is done, heat a large sized skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. When the oil becomes hot, add mushrooms in the large skillet and season it with pepper and salt.
- Cook for five minutes or until tender. Remove the beef and place it over the mushrooms. Add butter on top of the beef.
- Transfer this to the oven and roast until the beef reaches the temperature of 120 to 125 degrees F for a medium rare/rare texture. This will take about 35-45 minutes time, depending on the size of your roast.
- Check the meat with a meat thermometer.
- Remove the beef and mushroom from the skillet and place it onto a serving plate and cover it with foil.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before you slice and serve.
In the meanwhile make the cream sauce. Place the same skillet that was used to roast the beef over a high heat. Add wine, but before that scrape up any burnt pieces of meat from the pan. Simmer the wine for 3-5 minutes or until the wine has reduced by about 1/3 rd to ½ in quantity.
To this add butter and thyme and continue cooking for another 2 more minutes or until the butter has melted into a sauce. Add cream slowly and bring this to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and add in the parmesan cheese. Now, season the sauce and some salt and pepper according to taste.
Slice the easy roast beef and serve it warm with cream sauce and roasted mushrooms.