This grilled honey sriracha orange chicken is a quick weeknight meal for your busy weekdays.
This recipe, You can even make it in bulk and store it in a freezer for your next meal idea. The grilled honey sriracha orange chicken has a perfect balance of flavors and taste. It has a great combination of sweet and the tangy orange flavor.
The best part of this multi-facetted marinade is that it serves as a good base for the chicken. It is sweet as well as spicy to taste. Secondly, the marinade can be used as a glaze to coat the chicken after it is done grilling.
The idea is to save some of the marinade and mix that with some cornstarch to enhance the flavor of the dish almost instantly. The marinade is so versatile that with one sauce you can serve two purposes.
- Orange juice
- Olive oil
- Hot sauce
- Orange zest
- Green onions
If you do not like orange concentrate, then you can even use lemonade or pineapple concentrate also and still enjoy a great grilled chicken.
FAQs For Grilled Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken
How to serve the grilled chicken?
The grilled honey sriracha orange chicken works great with salad or some baked potato. You can also serve this grilled chicken with asparagus and rice. You can prepare double the quantity and enjoy them throughout the week.
How to bake grilled chicken?
The grilled honey sriracha orange chicken can also be baked in an oven instead of making it over a grill. Just preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a cookie sheet or line it with a foil. Place the marinated chicken onto the cookie sheet and cook in the preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. You can stop baking once the internal temperature touches 165 degrees. Baste the meat in-between once or twice with the reserved marinade for a delicious grilled chicken.
Can chicken breasts be used to make this recipe?
Yes, you can use chicken breasts for making this dish, but make sure you pound the meat to achieve an even thickness. For this use a meat mallet. The flat side of the meat mallet can be used to pound them. Adjust the grill time if you are using chicken breasts for this dish. Eight oz breasts may take only 4 minutes per side total.
I don’t have a grill; can I cook the chicken in a skillet?
Yes, you can cook the chicken in a skillet. To cook the chicken breasts properly, pan sear it for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until the chicken is completely cooked.
What substitute to use if I don’t have Sriracha sauce?
You can substitute the same amount of honey flavored mustard with clear honey. Make sure that the mustard is dissolved completely.
Is honey orange Sriracha chicken spicy?
Even though this dish contains 1/4 cup of Sriracha sauce, the grilled chicken is nowhere spicy. If you want your grilled chicken spicy, then increase the quantity of Sriracha accordingly.
This recipe is perfect for your next cookout! The sweet honey and tangy Sriracha pair perfectly with the juicy orange chicken. Enjoy!
Grilled Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 Orange, Juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- Take a large sized bowl and mix in olive oil, orange juice, Sriracha sauce, and orange zest together. Add in the chicken and combine well. Cover the bowl with a wrap and allow it marinate for about an hour or overnight in a refrigerator
- Set the grill to medium heat. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature before grilling
- Drain the marinade from the chicken and pat dry. Grill on each side for five minutes first, then turn the heat of the grill to medium low and cover the lid of the grill.
- Continue cooking the chicken until it is cooked through and this will take around 25 minutes or more
- While the chicken is grilling, then brush with the honey Sriracha mixture
- Brush one side of the chicken with the above glaze and then flip onto the other side. Glaze on the other side and cook for 2 minutes. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with the reserved glaze
- Garnish the grilled chicken honey Sriracha orange chicken with sesame and some green onions