The blueberry lemon bread pudding is a perfect recipe for your healthy breakfast or even a dessert. Blueberry and lemon are a perfect combination because of their wonderful flavors.
The blueberry lemon bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts because of its rich flavor. The taste of this recipe is absolutely delicious and makes you feel cozy. This is a complete flavor bomb that you will enjoy every time you make.
Making the blueberry lemon bread pudding is pretty easy. The recipe is a good combination of sweetness and fresh soft texture combined with a tasty traditional pudding sauce. The best part of this recipe is that you can make it with very few ingredients that are easily available at most homes. Even if you don’t have some ingredients, they can be easily breakfast or just enjoyed as a dessert.
Ingredients for making blueberry lemon bread pudding
- Almond milk
- Brown sugar
- Lemon Zest
- Bread cubes
brought from the neighborhood stores. The ease with which you can make this dish is unbelievable. Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, pour them to a baking dish and just bake. It’s that simple.
The blueberry lemon bread pudding can be served as a sweet or Savoury casserole
HOW TO MAKE BREAD PUDDING STEP BY STEP
1. cube your bread into roughly one inch pieces.
2.Take a large sized bowl and whisk in almond milk, applesauce, and honey, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon zest
3. Pour the sauce onto the bread. I like to reserve about a cup of the custard to carefully spoon onto the bread so there are no dry pieces sneaking by before baking
4.Add in blueberries and mix well
5.Transfer this mix to an 8×8 baking dish and cover and refrigerate for about an hour so that the bread soaks everything
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and bake the bread pudding for about 45 minutes until the top portion turns golden brown in color
8.You can either have this pudding warm or serve it chilled after refrigerating for a while, both ways it tastes great
Few Tips and FAQs for this recipe
- If you are using fresh bread, then toast it by spreading them on a baking sheet and placing them in an oven at 350-degree F for about 10 minutes
- Leave the fresh bread on the counter overnight as an alternative
- The more you soak the bread the better would be the taste
- Since this dessert is versatile you can add anything from chocolate chips, pecans, raisins or any other nut that suits your taste
- There is no need to worry about the exact amount of bread as it is only the base of your sauce. You can always increase the dish size
Can the bread pudding sit overnight before cooking?
Yes, you can assemble the bread pudding, cover and refrigerate it overnight before baking.
What is the storage process for blueberry lemon bread pudding?
Bread pudding should be refrigerated within 2 to 3 hours of serving. It can stay in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days without getting spoilt. Make sure you reheat in the oven before serving. You can also freeze the bread in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 months by wrapping it in plastic wrap and then a foil. Defrost in the fridge for 24 hours and bake as mentioned in the recipe.
Should bread pudding be covered while baking?
There is no need to cover the bread pudding while baking, but if you notice the top turning brown quickly, then cover it with a tin foil for the remaining cooking time. Check the oven temperature with an oven thermometer to make sure it’s not too hot.
When do I know the bread pudding is done?
The bread pudding is very similar to any other baked product, so if you insert a toothpick, it should come out clean. The bread pudding should look brown on top, more set and should not be raw.
Is bread pudding supposed to be moist?
The bread pudding should be moist and soft, but not runny. Bake the pudding perfectly so that it is set with the right amount of consistency. When the bread is undercooked or not completely done, you will notice a leaking custard when you press the center of the bread. An overcooked bread pudding will look dry.
How to fix a dry bread pudding?
You will get a dry bread pudding when the bread is not soaked enough or if you have overcooked the dish. If something like this happens, then no need to worry. Some melted vanilla ice-cream will do wonders. The vanilla ice-cream can be used as a quick crème anglaise sauce. Pour this sauce over or place it under a serving of the bread pudding.
How do you eat the bread pudding?
You can enjoy the bread pudding warm or cold, but definitely tastes better when served warm. It tastes just perfect when taken out of the oven and served with some sauce over it.
Do try out the blueberry lemon bread pudding recipe and do not forget to share your comments. Will love to hear from you the experiences of making and enjoying this dish.
Healthy Blueberry Lemon Bread Pudding
- 5 cups of crusty whole wheat bread cut into 1inch squares
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lemon zest
- Take a large sized bowl and whisk in almond milk, applesauce, and honey, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon zest
- Add in blueberries and the cubed bread and mix well
- Transfer this mix to an 8×8 baking dish and cover and refrigerate for about an hour so that the bread soaks everything
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and bake the bread pudding for about 45 minutes until the top portion turns golden brown in color
- You can either have this pudding warm or serve it chilled after refrigerating for a while, both ways it tastes great