Roast beef is a very popular dish around the world. Beef is cooked in many different ways and styles. Beef has been cooked in various ways according to the occasion and culture. Mostly beef is found in sandwiches and a great piece of beef is cooked and seasoned to perfection.
My first attempt at eating roast beef was when I decided to make a beef sandwich at home and failed miserably at it. Probably the taste didn’t match to my expectations. My kind of beef roast should be medium sized, not crusty and full of flavor. My beef roast attempt was a failure and I made a few more attempts to finally create an easy roast beef that was according to my liking and taste.
My roast beef recipe was inspired by the slow roasting technique that was mastered after a few failed attempts. The roast beef recipe has the beef resting with an overnight salt, which not only makes it juicy and tender, but is perfectly seasoned as well. This easy roast beef recipe is accompanied with steak sauce or horseradish cream sauce. Now, you have a tasty and cheap dinner that is sure to make you want more. The following article will teach you how to cook roast beef quickly.
Important instructions before you begin
1.Before you start cooking with beef, make sure you have an instant read meat thermometer handy.
2. Whenever you remove the beef from the oven to check its readiness make sure you close the door of the oven to prevent the heat from escaping as much as possible.
3. Before searing the meat, turn on the overhead fan and keep all the windows open as it can get quite smoky. Searing creates a flavorful crust and is worth all the effort at the end.
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour
Roast Beef Ingredients
•2.5lbs eye-round roast tied
•2 tsp kosher salt or 1 tsp table salt
•1 tsp and one tsp vegetable oil
•1 tsp dried rosemary
•1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
•2 tsp dried oregano
•2 tsp dried basil
•1 ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
•3 cloves garlic finely chopped and crushed
Roast Beef Method
• Sprinkle salt evenly onto the meat and roll it over on a board to cover all the areas with salt. Wrap it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Do these preparations the day before you decide to cook the beef roast.
• Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and place the oven rack in the middle position. Remove the meat from the refrigerator and use a paper towel to get rid of the excess moisture from the meat. Rub a teaspoon of vegetable oil all over the meat. Evenly sprinkle oregano, red pepper flakes, basil, pepper and garlic over the meat.
• Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Wait it the oil simmers and smokes slightly. Add the roast and sear for 3 to 4 minutes until it is golden brown on all the sides. Make sure it is cooked on all sides.
• Transfer the roast to the wire rack set inside the rimmed baking sheet. Roast the beef for an hour and 20 minutes or until the meat reaches 115 degrees on the thermometer. The most accurate way to judge the cooking time is to use the meat thermometer. Push it to the thickest part of the meat.
• Turn off the oven and let the roast be in the oven for another 30-40 minutes or until the roast reaches temperature of 130 degrees for it to achieve the medium-rare texture or 140 degrees for reaching medium. Never cook the roast more than the medium texture or else it can turn dry.
• Carefully remove the roast from the oven and transfer it to a carving board. Allow the roast to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes. Allowing the meat to rest before slicing will help make the meat tender. Slice the meat thinly and you are ready to serve.
Tender, juicy and pink roast beef is ready to hit the table. Serve the easy roast beef with a sauce of your liking. Now that you know how to cook roast beef, make your holidays interesting for your taste buds.
This roast beef recipe is unbelievably easy to prepare and results in a juicy, flavorful piece of meat. All you need is a roast, some seasonings, and a little bit of time. Whether you are serving this roast for a special occasion or just a weeknight dinner, your family and friends are sure to be impressed. So, give this recipe a try the next time you are looking for an easy and delicious roast beef dinner.